Monday, January 14, 2008

Go Fish!

I've gotten feedback that some enjoy my frustration at being regularly ignored by the so-called "judging committee" at the New Yorker for their "Cartoon Caption Contest" in favor of what I see as lesser entrees.

So, I'm not surprised that for Contest #127 my frustration continues.



My submission:

Al would have wanted it this way.

A fair entry. It's not side-splittingly funny. But I think it captures the attitude of the average sportsman in a funny way.

However, to put it bluntly, the "winners" are ALL crap.

  • I put some beer on the hook. I figure if that's what got him into this mess it should be able to get him out.

  • Ice fishing and skydiving-who says they don't go together?

  • He's got a new fish-whispering technique.

Horrid!!

No comments: