Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Losers...Come on Down!!

I wonder which fans are more "fanatical" -- Stars Wars people waiting in line for tickets to the next installment or die-hard Bob Barker fans in sleeping bags outside of the Price is Right studio. (link)

Philip Barrett, 24, of Tampa, Fla., had camped outside the studios since Saturday to see Barker tape his last show Wednesday afternoon.

"This is the chance of a lifetime," he said.

Melanie Zepeda Velez, 32, traveled from Alberta, Canada. "I'm here because I need to kiss Bob," she said.

Fans hoped for a chance to bid on prizes, but mostly they came to bid farewell.

Barrett had to hear Barker say it one last time. "I get teary-eyed just thinking about it," he said.

. . .

"I'd rather win a couch from Bob Barker than a million dollars from Howie Mandel," host of NBC's "Deal or No Deal," said Mark Dub, a NASA engineer who flew from Houston for the final show. "He's part of American culture."

I hope they apply Bob's trademark close for each show, "Have your pets spayed and neutered," to themselves as well.

2 comments:

Now is said...

Bob Barker fans and Star war fans are more interesting than Paris Hilton and her fans.

But, to all I say "go away" and let some real news on TV. I've heard less about the Bush/Putin discussions on the missile defense locations than Paris. What is wrong with that picture? Dah.
Of course, the Paris Hilton story blocks out the really great news about Michael Moore's new pic about how rotten health care is in the US. Retcccch!
FM

Matt Maul said...

I'll agree that it's ridiculous for the Hilton/Lohan stories to suck up SOOOO much oxygen away from serious news reporting.

However, I think your baiting me regarding Michael Moore, BUT that big, fat, lying jackass of a propagandist, is NOT a serious news commentator (unless you're a regular reader of Pravada).

Ironically, it will be the bubble headed Hollywood crowd (like Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan) that will fawn all over his latest "documentary" (note the quotes).

http://maulofamerica.blogspot.com/2007/05/moore-gets-smoked.html