Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Okay, Coulter Isn't Funny, But She's Still Sexier Than Sandra Oh...

Ann Coulter created another controversy when she used the "f" word to refer to John Edwards at the Conservative Political Action Conference:

"I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot,' so I _ so kind of an impasse, can't really talk about Edwards."
When I first heard it, I had no idea what she was referring to. So, it didn't strike me as funny at all.

Someone had to point out to me that Coulter was making a vague reference to the rift on the set of "Grey's Anatomy" (which I never watch). One of the cast members, Isaiah Washington, used that term to denigrate another cast member, T.R. Knight. Apparently, Washington uttered the slur while he was choking a third cast member, Patrick Dempsey. As a result, Washington is now or was in some sort of anger management retreat.

Ah, I get it now. Still not funny.

I'm not sure what disappoints me more -- the fact that Coulter made such a lame joke or the fact that she watches "Grey's Anatomy."

No comments: