Sunday, April 22, 2007

Consensus Is Not Fact

In further celebration of "Earth Day", here's an article from Dr. Timothy Ball, Chairman of the Natural Resources Stewardship Project and a former climatology professor at the University of Winnipeg. He was of of the very first Canadians to get a Ph.D. in Climatology.

Global Warming: The Cold, Hard Facts? (link)
...Since I obtained my doctorate in climatology from the University of London, Queen Mary College, England my career has spanned two climate cycles. Temperatures declined from 1940 to 1980 and in the early 1970's global cooling became the consensus. This proves that consensus is not a scientific fact. By the 1990's temperatures appeared to have reversed and Global warming became the
consensus. It appears I'll witness another cycle before retiring, as the major mechanisms and the global temperature trends now indicate a cooling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to believe that Global cool is possible, maybe that is because I live in Arizona ;)

Matt Maul said...

Apparently, cataclysmic climate predictions are like the weather in Michigan...just wait a while and they'll change.