Friday, September 25, 2009

The Space Between (His Ears)

Stand up comic Jim Norton had the best line about this: "I don't want to hear David Matthews' views on racism any more than I want to listen to David Duke discuss mediocre dentist office music."

From CNN:

U.S. racism 'everywhere,' says Dave Matthews

CNN: President Carter said he thinks that a lot of the animosity directed toward President Obama is race related.

Dave Matthews: Of course it is! I found there's a fairly blatant racism in America that's already there, and I don't think I noticed it when I lived here as a kid. But when I went back to South Africa, and then it's sort of thrust in your face, and then came back here -- I just see it everywhere. There's a good population of people in this country that are terrified of the president only because he's black, even if they don't say it. And I think a lot of them, behind closed doors, do say it.

No comments: