Wednesday, January 31, 2007

An Apology...

My post from yesterday, "CSI: The Real World", was meant to poke fun at the recent slew of TV shows based around "crime scene investigators" such as "CSI", "Crossing Jordan", and "Bones". These shows typically portray the evidence technicians taking center stage and, for the sake of drama (or melodrama), show them (unrealistically) risking their lives while on the case.

While they're certainly an important part of the law enforcement process, REAL crime scene folks typically take a backseat to the lead Homicide investigators on a case and seldom (if ever) face any true danger (HINT: if they pull out their gun, you know it's fake).

However, based upon the feedback I received, that really didn't come across in the posting.

People passed along such comments as:

"...it was unclear"

"...I was confused"

"...you stink"

"...your blog sucks" (actually, I said the last one myself)

I'm sorry.

No comments: