Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Forget it Jake, It's Chinatown

This AP story on the GOP's criticisms of Nancy Pelosi's water project (link), reminded me of the plot of Chinatown (link).

Pelosi's project was part of the $15 billion Water Resources Development Act that passed the House April 19 by 394-25 and pays for hundreds of projects around the country. Pelosi's measure would authorize $25 million to improve San Francisco port areas, and also would put some areas off limits to navigation so cruise ships could dock.

Her investor husband gets rental income from four buildings in a nearby commercial district.

Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill said that she added the projects to the bill at the request of the Port of San Francisco and that her husband's holdings were not a consideration. It's ''speculative at best'' that they would benefit, Hammill said.

Ya know, Nancy Pelosi and Faye Dunaway sorta look alike. If I close my eyes, I can hear Pelosi saying: "She's my sister, my daughter, my sister, my daughter..."

No comments: