Thursday, August 28, 2008

McCain's VP Choice!!

I really don't know who John McCain has picked for his VP. I've just always wanted to do a Drudge flashing light thingy.

Trying to get ahead of the curve in anticipation for the announcement of McCain's running mate, I did some searches on domains containing "McCain" and the last name of the leading contenders (Kay Baily Hutchinson, Tim Pawlenty, Tom Ridge, Joe Lieberman, Mitt Romney, and Sarah Palin) .

Here are my unofficial findings:

Kay Bailey Hutchinson seems out of it as mccainhutchinson.com has expired (unless that's a clever misdirection).



Likewise, I'd say Joe Lieberman is not it. Mccainlieberman.com looks like it's being held by an ad squatter.



Interestingly, the same guy owns the domains of two VERY strong contenders, mccainridge.com and mccainpawlenty.com. He lives in New Jersey and uses an MIT alumni email address. I'm not sure what, if anything, that means.





The McCain/Romney site seems to have been created using a canned template. Since a huge organization wouldn't be so cheap, it doesn't look like a Mitt's the one.



On the other hand, whoever runs mccainpalin.com, for Alaska Governor Sarah Heath Palin seems to think (or hope) it's Romney:



Final answer: what a waste of time this was! I feel like Andy Rooney.

No comments: