Sunday, September 07, 2008

Out of the Box

Here's the last of a series posts on the RNC I did for "The House Next Door." It was fun.



Now that the RNC is over, my feelings about the Republican’s chances in November remain unchanged. While I’m still a John McCain man, it’s hard to see him overcoming the Obama juggernaut.

Sure, the Sarah Palin selection has jolted many Republicans back to life. Instead of slamming McCain, as they have been for months (hell, years), Conservative talk radio types like Rush Limbaugh and Laura Ingraham are now singing his praises. One could argue that this was bound to happen anyway. But, trust me, there was a good chance that without the "Palin effect," many of those in the GOP intelligentsia were poised to throw McCain under the bus after November and then say "I told you so."The current vibe among the elated hardcore is that Palin will excite the general public and present the Obama campaign with a challenge they were unprepared for.

But, I’d just advise my fellow McCain supporters to heed the advice of Winston Wolfe and "not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet." ...(more)

No comments: