Monday, December 29, 2008

Go For Broke

I found the New Yorker's "Cartoon Capture Contest" #173 winners to be mostly bankrupt of any humor.



I'm partial, but I liked my entry better than any of the finalists. It was on target, but not TOO obvious:
"What color was Fred's parachute."
The "winners" were as subtle as getting hit on the head with a safe.
  • "Who would have thought they'd actually give money to a bank!" - that's funny??

  • "At the next bailout, let's also ask for a pony." - ha ha ha (fake laughing)

  • "Did you send your thank-you card to Congress?" - they've GOT to be picking them out of a hat

2 comments:

Günter said...

Yours is better than any of those three, I agree.

Matt Maul said...

Thanks. Of course, it's not as if The New Yorker sets the bar very high on these things :)

BTW, I love the name of your blog ("It was Col. Mustard")