Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Nerd Humor

While I still don't understand the appeal of Harry Potter, here's what happens when two pillars of geekdom (computers and sci-fi/fantasy) collide:

The resignation of the IT director from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (link)

Headmaster:

I regret that I must resign my position, effective two weeks ago, at least.

It is simply impossible under these conditions to create a modern, integrated, flexible IT architecture aligned with the school’s educational mission and objectives.

Deployment of the OC-3 fiber backbone met insuperable difficulties, as you know, when the cabling crew was attacked repeatedly by Dementors. Cabling staff rarely are effervescent people in the best of times, and having their life force sucked through their faces by cloaked, shadowy horrors as they lay paralyzed in icy terror is a serious de-motivator...(more)
Oh, there's more. It goes on and on and on like that for about ten paragraphs. But I must stop now. I've been to two Star Trek conventions and that's stupidest thing I ever read in an email.

No comments: