Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tar Heels!



From ESPN:
...on a Tuesday afternoon in the White House Map Room, we wait for the president to fill out his official bracket. The oversized whiteboard, with a presidential seal, sits on an easel a few feet below a framed, formerly top-secret situation map from April 3, 1945. It details the strength of certain German divisions and includes projections for the German army for May 1, 1945.
...The most powerful person in the world is like many of you: He predicts the Tar Heels will be cutting down the nets in Detroit.
"I'm going with experience, and I think that Lawson is going to be healthy. I think having an experienced point guard who can control the game and make free throws at the end, that's going to be the difference," Obama said.
The commander in chief then turned to an ESPN camera, offering this pep talk for coach Roy Williams' crew:
"Now, for the Tar Heels who are watching, I picked you all last year -- you let me down. This year, don't embarrass me in front of the nation, all right? I'm counting on you. I still got those sneakers you guys gave me."

No comments: