Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Audacity of Toast

Rev. Jerimiah Wright has been "fired" as advisor to Barack Obama's campaign after some of his very inflammatory remarks from past sermons came to light. Wright has said things like AIDS was invented by the CIA, the United States invited 9/11, and "God damn America."


---- (On Sale Now at: http://tabloidtshirts.com/)

Obama, generally a smooth communicator, doesn't sound too credible when he claims that he's NEVER heard ANY of Wright's controversial comments. Apparently, Obama has been sleeping in church for the last twenty years

From MSNBC:
...Obama took the title of his 2006 autobiography, “The Audacity of Hope,” from a sermon by Wright, who baptized him and officiated at his wedding. He has called Wright “a sounding board for me to make sure that I am speaking as truthfully about what I believe as possible.”

...The statements that Rev. Wright made that are the cause of this controversy were not statements I personally heard him preach while I sat in the pews of Trinity or heard him utter in private conversation,” the posting said, adding that over the years, “Rev. Wright preached the gospel of Jesus, a gospel on which I base my life.

No comments: