Monday, March 03, 2008

Contaminated Comix

The material that came in for The New Yorker's "Cartoon Caption Contest" #134 was hazardous.


My two entries:

  • "Not tonight, I'm having a meltdown."

  • "Did you lock the front plutonium chamber door?"
Here is the list of winners:
  • "Don't sexual fantasies usually involve sex at some point?" --- BORING

  • "Next time can we just get flu shots like everyone else?" --- It's okay, but sort of off base for the cartoon.

  • "Not tonight, dear. I have acute radiation poisoning." --- similar to one of mine, but I prefer mine.

2 comments:

RC said...

you're right, the flu shot one is kind of lame.

Matt Maul said...

I wonder why I still bother. It gives me something to gripe about I guess :)

It would be interesting to see ALL of the entrees that didn't make The New Yorker's top 3.