Monday, March 17, 2008

Horton v. Wade

Geez...crying babies, ringing cellphones, and now this.

Anti-abortion activists do the Pro-Life equivalent of yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre at the premiere of Horton Hears a Who as described by Kim Masters in Slate.

...protesters started yelling shortly after Horton uttered his famous motto: "A person's a person, no matter how small."

...anti-abortion activists had infiltrated the theater. Afterward, they handed out fliers designed to look like tickets.

...ZoBell says it would be nice if these people came up with their own material. But if they don't go too far-by copping the illustrations, for example-they can use a line like "A person's a person, no matter how small," even if it wouldn't have pleased Dr. Seuss. And it wouldn't have. The Geisels were opposed to using the Dr. Seuss books for any political agenda.

While, I support the group's right to protest (and am even somewhat sympathetic to their cause), I'd be damn pissed if they started disrupting a movie I had just bought fifty bucks worth of tickets for.

I wonder how they'd react to me and my FOUR kids turning around and telling them to SIT DOWN and SHUT UP.

No comments: