Monday, March 31, 2008

Missed It By THAT Much!

Oh, I was all over the 138th New Yorker "Cartoon Caption Contest"



My entry (perhaps a bit wordy) was:

On the bright side, because this case requires three sessions a week, you'll qualify for "Lobster Fridays!"

The "winners" included:

  • "Get naked, jump in, and make this marriage work!" - sucked

  • "We call it shark-tank therapy." - too obvious

  • "And if you'll agree to drop the divorce proceedings and reconcile I'll throw in a pair of lobsters."

The last one was VERY VERY close to what I submitted. But I think MINE was better.

I mean, the counselor doesn't NEED the tank in his office if he's just throwing in a pair of lobsters. On the other hand, he'd have to have one for "Lobster Fridays."

I wonder if the other lobster entry just got in before mine. And no, I'm not bitter (not much anyway).

1 comment:

free online dating said...

the first two were so lame, i think your one was much better then both of those put together, it was really good