Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Franking Privileges

Wow. I actually got an email from Katrina vanden Heuvel, Editor and Publisher of The Nation.

I don't know HOW I got on that list. She's fundraising because changes in postage rate structures are hurting The Nation more severely than their competition.
Here's some background: in 2007, a postal rate restructuring pushed by Time Warner lobbyists saddled The Nation with a $500,000 annual increase, while some big corporate publishers saw their rates stay steady or even decrease. This year, we're facing another $100,000 on top of that. Corporate publishers are working the system, but like many independent publications, The Nation is in dire straits.
I'm not inclined to send The Nation any money. But, I wonder if I should let her know that I've always found her kinda hot.

No comments: