Thursday, June 25, 2009

Is It In Queue Yet?

I'm scanning the emails between South Carolina Goveroner Mark Sanford and "Maria." Most of it's the usual sappy stuff lovers say to each other.

However, I was struck by this one comment from Sanford:
Have been having a few email problems as I am getting email through an aircard at the farm, where access to computer world is more than tough. Please let me know if you have gotten my last two eamils (sic) so I know it is working in getting to your part of the world...
I know NOTHING about their situation. But, the amateur shrink in me wonders if Maria didn't always get back to Mark in a timely manner. This seems to force him to engage in the time honored male tradition of "just checking" to see if the technology is working (translation: "are you ignoring me?"). Why else send someone an email asking IF their email is working?

In the interests of personal full disclosure: been there, done that (well, it was with telephones, but same idea).

Speaking of needy, I've got "GOVS GONE WILD" stuff at my tabloidtshirts.com site.

No comments: