Thursday, February 08, 2007

Mr. DeMille, I'm Ready For My Close-up

It looks like the New York Times is making the first small steps in the transition to an "online" publication.

I tried to access Maureen Dowd's OpEd piece defending Joe Biden on the New York Times website and got the following:

This One’s for You, Joe - By MAUREEN DOWD Published: February 7, 2007

I feel compelled, now that Joe Biden has slipped on yet another presidential banana peel, to lend him a hand.

To continue reading this article, you must be a subscriber to TimesSelect.

Huh? Apparently, I'd have to sign up AND PAY for a New York Times web subscription to read her columns (as if that was going to happen).

The last columnist in the world I would PAY to read is Maureen Dowd. She's a cross between Jonathon Alter and Norma Desmond.

No comments: